五千年(敝帚自珍)

主题:关于拉美化:“中国模式”有多独特 -- 土拨鼠yuanap

共:💬312 🌺1189 🌵6
全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 21
下页 末页
家园 GDP growth is NOT

yard stick. I'm sure Chinese leadership would love to be a position where 2% to 3% growth would be enough to ensure full employment and social harmony. China HAS to have 8%+ growth because otherwise there'd be social unrest and political challenge to the government. You really think it's good to be forced to do whatever the government can, even at the expense of social and environmental cost, to growth GDP? It's NOT. And that's why I think India's optimism regarding their population growth is ridiculous, that's why I believe China MUST keep its one Child policy for decades to come and that's why I think and KNOW, that people in Brazil, a country most Chinese HKCs would dismiss as irrelevant, live far better live in people in China on average, yeah, there are serious crime problem, and there are squalor, but don't tell me Chinese crime isn't a problem and living conditions of migrant workers are better than squalor. Bottom line is, if you want to to exploited as low cost labor, grow your population as much as you can, otherwise, don't sneer at low growth in Japan or Taiwan.

BTW, Britain has been "declining" for decades or even generations, how many Chinese would rather have British passport?

Quality is more important than quantity. Historically, Chinese dynasty fell because the government couldn't ensure basic living standard for the people, not because they couldn't grow the economy.

And one more thing, most people I know who came from such "backward", worthless, according to Chinese HKC, European countries such as Spain, Portugal or even recent superstar Greece, don't give a damn about American green card, something even people from the most developed parts of China can't say about. That''s the true indicator of development.

家园 你看到的中国和我看到的差别太大了。

如果说中国发展是重数量不重质量,就实在没法交流了。不说,数量到了中国这样的级别还是不质变的话,中国在技术上的成就已经不是数量可以解释的了。

你讲的是西方报纸中描写的平行世界里的中国,或是你精心挑选过的样本组成的中国,和我眼中现实中的中国的关系实在不是很大。

家园 能否展细谈一下这个土改!
家园 Don't just dimissn what the

west says about China. Honestly speaking, I haven't seen any Chinese news media even remotely comparable to even some of the tabloid, ideologically extreme media outs of the US. Yeah, they're biased, but they're not as biased as Chinese media. Can you or can you not give even one example of Tomas Edison of China? If you can't, you better not compare China to early 20th century America, cuz back then, the US DID have a Thomas Edison who fundamentally changed life of every human being on this planet.

I'm not asking too much, just ONE example remotely comparable to Edison or even such figures as Bill Gates or Larry page, the guy who are dismissed by many Chinese HKCs.

家园 透过NHK看中国,真有意思

俺一直是土鳖,在国内混。TG发展惠及大众是不争的事实。最简单的,90年代,才几个人用的上手机,现在,没有手机那叫图清净,让人羡慕不已。好多人,都是手上用一个,抽屉里还躺着若干个,还有众多的充电器。

还有,国内的交通状况,真是越来越便利了。高铁高铁快点建。

说发展没有惠及大众,或者只是很少惠及大众的话,只有透过外媒了解中国或者别有用心的才会。

家园 转移话题,很无聊。但是不独特。

跟你一次,关于创新和经济,我刚刚写了几句:

赫然:美国当时的水平在世界上算是比较靠前

关于爱迪生,你要是了解当时世界的背景,发明的重要程度,就会发现,美国只是其中一个,而且谈不上最强的。你可知道,美国当时抄袭过多少专利,美国盗版过多少欧洲的书?当爱迪生搞发明的时候,美国的经济总量却已经是世界第一了。

为什么中国在起飞发展的路上就不允许经过同样的过程?为什么在中国经济总量达到第一前,一定要先出爱迪生?

家园 So interest in Science

fiction = ability to produce scientific or technological break-through?

If you wanna to compare current China to early 20th century America, you can't get around the fact that America, however it lacked behind Germany in producing ground-breaking scientific theories, had Thomas Edison, whose invention literally changed the world and how we saw the world.

Pick ONE, just ONE such individual out of China, I'd accept China's comparable to America of 1920s.

家园 Well

In Hong Kong and Taiwan, organized crime has already seeped into legitimate business that their existence doesn't threaten lives of average folks any more. In the US, old Italian mafia also went largely semi-legit and business-oriented, in another word, their work might not be legal, but as an average joe, you usually don't have to worry about being killed or maimed as a result of their criminal activities, for average Americans, latino or black or even Asian Americans street gangs are far bigger security menaces than five families in New York.

China, on the other hand, has large amount of criminal organizations that might win collaboration from corrupt government officials, yet still couldn't really adopt even an semblance of business practice, basically, in China, as an average joe, you really have to worry about crossing leader of even some of the more established underground figures, they don't deserve the title "mobster", the best they could be compared to are gang-bangers roaming on LA streets.

That being said, Chinese government at least has the authority to completely eliminate a criminal organization if it really wants to, something can't be said about other more democracy oriented governments (democracy vs authoritarian government, which one is better? It depends, it was very safe for an average joe to live in Nazi Germany, something can't be said about America or China or pretty much all other countries in 21st century. But if you do find yourself at the wrong end of government power, it's much better to live in current China than, say, China in 1970.)

家园 back in 1970

John D. Rockefeller already established Standard Oil, created a corporate system unlike anything that came before. Is there anything even remotely ground-breaking in 2010s? And I didn't compare China to US in 1920s, you did. I said that there is nothing new in Chinese development model, Japan, Korea and myriad Southern Eastern Asia countries all went through the same phase, the only difference is China is bigger and China is far less "harmonious" than even Taiwan at the same development phase. It looked that you thought that the fact that Taiwan and Japan grew slower than China (in fact, Taiwan grew at an annualized rate of 18% last quarter of 2009, more than twice the growth rate of mainland China.), I just wanna point out that the reason China is growing faster is because China started later, why not comparing China to Japan kin the 60sl, see if you could muster any of your growth rate superiority.

The bottom line is:

there is no Chinese exceptionalism, China followed a path pioneered by Japan. And whatever Japan experienced is more than likely to be experienced by China (just take a look at the housing price) and the fact that China, unlike Japan, who was a full-fledged developed nation with no significant domestic political challenge when the housing bubble appeared, still had hundreds on millions of people trapped in poverty, serious or even deadly potential political problem, no international brand to speak of, far less sophisticated technology, etc.

I'm not saying China has no future, I just can't find any justification for the current irrational, allow me to say, plain ignorant, outburst of optimism from China. I'd say that 99% of those who're delusional enough to champion G-2 would have their delusion pierced by just one visit to some of the fly-over state of the US.

there is NO Chinese exceptiaionalism

• -- 系统屏蔽 --。
家园 问题的答案是取决你想借鉴历史经验还是自己的美好愿望。

家园 一堆废话

辛苦了你,为丑化中国而码了这么一堆字 ,可惜只是一堆废话,我怎么说是废话咧? 看 :

people in Brazil, a country most Chinese HKCs would dismiss as irrelevant, live far better live in people in China on average,

BTW, Britain has been "declining" for decades or even generations, how many Chinese would rather have British passport?

。。。 don't give a damn about American green card, something even people from the most developed parts of China can't say about.

简单地说, 你对少中国人做了啥调查而得出这样结论 ?

家园 呵呵

未有电力以前的几千年,人类过的是猿猴一样的生活啰。

Well
家园 又一堆废话

In Hong Kong and Taiwan, organized crime has already seeped into legitimate business that their existence doesn't threaten lives of average folks any more.

没听过保护费这名词吧 ?也没听过黑道人物垄断某些行业吧?

台湾的黑社会堂而皇之跟政客打交道,黑道老大讨媳妇,立委和官员专程到贺,这种新闻还上了报章。

日本的黑道暴力集团更加不用说了。

墨西哥黑帮可以连警察局也炸掉,为报复黑老大被抓而当街枪杀警员向警方施压。 巴西的黑帮连警方直升机也打下来 。。。

美国的黑帮如何俺不清楚也就不说了。

啥时候中国国内的黑帮有这么牛逼你再来说事吧。

看这一堆又一堆闭门造车废话,俺根本就怀疑你未在大陆住过,看看台港的反共烂报章就 blablabla 。。。

家园 你在大陆小地方住过没?

不是以为北京上海就是中国了把,中国黑帮?中国黑帮需要太子党政治局委员亲自动手打还被包括这个对中国无原则吹捧的论坛都心惊胆战的情况香港台湾美国的还真不多见。

全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 21
下页 末页