全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 10
下页 末页
家园 哈哈。这不懒吗,等着你的大作呢。
家园 如果Google自家的兄弟应用缺席

Android就是一个很普通的平台。

就是这个意思。

家园 这里居然也有自觉缺少想象力的?个人觉得正好相反

作为使用表形文字的民族,中国人从来都不缺想象力,虽然不从DJ“一树梨花压海棠”的某人,但个人还是觉得他的某些评论是对的。我们常常不能完成的,是将天马行空的假设,用严谨的逻辑证明出来,并以艰苦努力将其变成现实的物质成果。后两者,似乎是中国传统知识分子,所不擅长的。

家园 Android smartphone上的app
家园 Android smartphone上的app

是用Java开发的,所以需要一个Java VM, right?

Talking about VM, first thing hit my head is like VMware Fusion etc. Cannot understand why Android needs VM like that. A big misconception. :)

家园 Sometimes when people say

no MMU, what they really meant is no paging.

家园 cosmos

http://www.goland.org/whatiscosmos/

此人两年前在COSMOS工作过

Azure
家园 Azure是很不错

呵呵,我们自己人也很喜欢它,敝帚自珍了。:P

家园 This is right. Thanks!

I confused the JVM here with VMware kind of VM. :)

Something I googled out:

Up until Android 2.2 (Froyo) the JVM (really a Dalvik JVM for licensing reasons) on the Android platform was playing with one hand tied behind its back. Different from desktop/server Java, the JVM was still an interpreter, like the original JVM back in the Java 1.0 days. It was very efficient interpreter but an interpreter none-the-less and was not creating native code from the Dalvik bytecodes that it uses. As of Android 2.2 they have added a JIT, a just-in-time compiler, to the stack that translates the Dalvik bytecode into much more efficient machine code much like a C/C++ compiler. You can see the results of this in the benchmarks of Froyo which show a 2-5x improvement. As they add more and more JIT and GC features that have appeared in HotSpot, JRockit, etc, you will likely see even more improvements over time — without having to change or recompile the 3rd party developed software.

cosmos
家园 非常感谢
家园 再说一下MMU

不知道你说的什么意思,是MMU without paging吗?我从来没见过这样的ARM实现。没有page,MMU保护什么呢?像x86一样的segment?

其实没有MMU的情况还是很多的。像Cortex Mx系列就没有MMU,从Cortex Ax开始才有。而且有时候为了performance,把MMU关掉也是有的。Linux里面有个CONFIG_MMU就是针对ARM的。不过看了一下我的phone上的/proc/config.gz,CONFIG_MMU=y。说明是turn on了。

cosmos
家园 希望看到更多讨论

他问了一堆的问题,很有意思。不过我很想知道这些问题最终的答案。大家都已经知道了Google的回答,MS总是太神秘了一点。

家园 Random read也没问题

就是效率高低的问题了。

家园 哦,那就是我搞错了

不是特别了解HBase,:)

至于Scope这一层,确实是更抽象的一层,可以架构在map/reduce基础上,也可以架构在bigtable基础上。

家园 绝对不苟同这样的言论

当然,语言的反驳是苍白的,且看事实的发展吧。

全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 10