共:💬461 🌺824 🌵2
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 31
下页 末页
                • 家园 熊起做了很好的评论。但是谁是熊起?

好像西西河没有这个网友。是其他的地方的作者?

以视觉举例,人脑并不具有数码相机那样输入点阵的能力,必须在中间环节就完成提炼

这就是我说的,人只能记忆理解了的东西,没有纯的存储。

但是,恐怕也不能这样完全一概而论。张松可以过目不忘,那也是一种相机存储的能力。据说黑猩猩可以对很多图像做点阵式的存储。但是不知道真正的情况。是否有这方面的人士来给我们讲讲。

• 家园 黑猩猩记得是因为working memory比人的发达

人最多一口气记住7件事,除非是雨人那样的人。

• 家园 布洛赫波 to make 人 into 黑猩猩(:)

after the all these recent posts and the related discussion (they are all wonderful, thanks, and again the importance of human interactions, across GR space if possible, damned TG GFW, but keep it for arbitrage trade(:))

as posted before, the closest toy we have in physics in modeling human brain is 硅晶格物理, where material & energy transfer is still macroscopic, with a 量子化的声子 field working behind scene, basically the "old" semiconductor theory and technology based on quantum physics;

1995, someone already started working on it?

Domain-Based Parallelism and Problem Decomposition Methods ...

books.google.com/books?isbn=089871348X

David E. Keyes, Yousef Saad, Donald G. Truhlar - 1995 - Mathematics

The Bloch wave operator theory presented in this chapter proposes a procedure ... of such a space is often made in the context of artificial intelligence methods.

I did not read it, just did a google search, it popped out

read the google Wikipedia item on this, the picture of 硅晶格中的布洛赫波 is just amazingly intuitive and beautiful.

4. if nothing else, TG GFW is going put Chinese nation behind white in many areas of future information economy.

any breakthrough in science and tech take years if not decades of accumulation of many things.

once behind, may well be behind forever.

-------------

布洛赫波[编辑]

维基百科,自由的百科全书

跳转至: 导航、 搜索

硅晶格中的布洛赫波

在固体物理学中,布洛赫波(Bloch wave)是周期性势场(如晶体)中粒子(一般为电子)的波函数,又名布洛赫态(Bloch state)。

布洛赫波因其提出者美籍瑞士裔物理学家菲利克斯·布洛赫而得名。

布洛赫波由一个平面波和一个周期函数u(\boldsymbol{r})(布洛赫波包)相乘得到。其中u(\boldsymbol{r})与势场具有相同周期性。布洛赫波的具体形式为:

\psi (\boldsymbol{r})=\mathrm{e}^{\mathrm{i}\boldsymbol{k}\cdot\boldsymbol{r}}u (\boldsymbol{r}).

式中k 为波矢。上式表达的波函数称为布洛赫函数。当势场具有晶格周期性时,其中的粒子所满足的波动方程的解ψ存在性质:

\psi (\boldsymbol{r} + \boldsymbol{R_n} ) = \mathrm{e}^{\mathrm{i}\boldsymbol{k}\cdot\boldsymbol{R_n}} \psi (\boldsymbol{r})

这一结论称为布洛赫定理(Bloch's theorem),其中\boldsymbol{R_n}为晶格周期矢量。可以看出,具有上式性质的波函数可以写成布洛赫函数的形式。

平面波波矢\boldsymbol{k}(又称“布洛赫波矢”,它与约化普朗克常数的乘积即为粒子的晶体动量)表征不同原胞间电子波函数的位相变化,其大小只在一个倒易点阵矢量之内才与波函数满足一一对应关系,所以通常只考虑第一布里渊区内的波矢。对一个给定的波矢和势场分布,电子运动的薛定谔方程具有一系列解,称为电子的能带,常用波函数的下标n 以区别。这些能带的能量在\boldsymbol{k}的各个单值区分界处存在有限大小的空隙,称为能隙。在第一布里渊区中所有能量本征态的集合构成了电子的能带结构。在单电子近似的框架内,周期性势场中电子运动的宏观性质都可以根据能带结构及相应的波函数计算出。

上述结果的一个推论为:在确定的完整晶体结构中,布洛赫波矢\boldsymbol{k}是一个守恒量(以倒易点阵矢量为模),即电子波的群速度为守恒量。换言之,在完整晶体中,电子运动可以不被格点散射地传播(所以该模型又称为近自由电子近似),晶态导体的电阻仅仅来自那些破坏了势场周期性的晶体缺陷以及电子与声子的相互作用。

从薛定谔方程出发可以证明,哈密顿算符与平移算符的作用次序满足交换律,所以周期势场中粒子的本征波函数总是可以写成布洛赫函数的形式。更广义地说,本征函数满足的算符作用对称关系是群论中表示理论的一个特例。

布洛赫波的概念由菲利克斯·布洛赫在1928年研究晶态固体的导电性时首次提出的,但其数学基础在历史上却曾由乔治·威廉·希尔(1877年),加斯东·弗洛凯(Gaston Floquet,1883年)和亚历山大·李雅普诺夫(1892年)等独立地提出。因此,类似性质的概念在各个领域有着不同的名称:常微分方程理论中称为弗洛凯理论(也有人称“李雅普诺夫-弗洛凯定理”);一维周期性波动方程则有时被称为希尔方程(Hill's equation)。

• 家园 "人只能记忆理解了的东西,没有纯的存储"

well said, and I am going to put physics/math behind it.

again, rough analogy, conceptual, to hit the points, we are talking about social science anyway(:).

记忆/理解=basically 度规矩阵張量超曲面 in 广义相对论的时空

or else humanity will be totally lost, and to this day, GR is still the only model when humanity dealing with 天体宇宙, GR=实证科学, although things like dark matter/energy/black hole =still largely unknown heat bath, torturing humanity as on its journey to find a new home somewhere in the unknown heat bath, before sun burns out, if not sooner.

changshou:几何直观地介绍广义相对论的时空以及大爆炸模型 (0) 2013-07-03 19:23:56

a very good series

http://www.ccthere.com/article/3674028

http://www.ccthere.com/article/3674028

柯西超曲面,"全局双曲的时空 存在整体的坐标时间" [ 晓兵 ] 于:2013-07-03 19:23:56 复:3674028

物理"因果结构存在"=柯西超曲面=全局双曲的时空 存在整体的坐标时间"

"如果有一个 这样的整体的坐标时间 我们就有无穷多的其他的 整体的坐标时间。这是因为我们可以把观察者们的世界线 作连续的形变(只要形变幅度不大 就仍然是类时的)。

这类时空 有整体的坐标时间和 对应于(该坐标时间的)某一时刻的空间部分(柯西超曲面)。于是 我们可以说 全局双曲的时空是 柯西超曲面随坐标时间演化而成的。"

"From Pythagoras's harmonic sequence to Einstein's theory of relativity, geometric models of position, proximity, ratio, and the underlying properties of physical space have provided us with powerful ideas and accurate scientific tools. Currently, similar geometric models are being applied to another type of space—the conceptual space of information and meaning, where the contributions of Pythagoras and Einstein are a part of the landscape itself. The rich geometry of conceptual space can be glimpsed, for instance, in internet documents: while the documents themselves define a structure of visual layouts and point-to-point links, search engines create an additional structure by matching keywords to nearby documents in a spatial arrangement of content. What the Geometry of Meaning provides is a much-needed exploration of computational techniques to represent meaning and of the conceptual spaces on which these representations are founded."

in Riemann/GR geometry, 超曲面 is roughly something similar to a 平面波 like/Pythagoras's harmonic sequence, a concept in 欧几里德的几何

"http://www.ccthere.com/alist/3986059

"科学 = 逻辑 + 实证", I quoted it many times, I hope this concept finds its way into Chinese young generation's mind, particularly those behind GFW. sorry, uncle TG(:).

科学 = 逻辑 + 实证 [ Solitude ]

前者主要指分析(演绎)逻辑,也就是假设,推理,结论,blabla...这个东西主要起源于古希腊的苏格拉底,柏拉图,亚里士多德,最早最有名的产品就是欧几里德的几何原本了。欧几里德本人就是柏拉图学园的学生。后者我想还是要感谢伽利略的启蒙吧,就不多说了。

科学当然也需要归纳逻辑(白米,黑米,红米都能吃,所以所有的米都能吃)的帮助。其实任何人都离不开归纳逻辑,否则会饿死的(罗素语)。但是依赖归纳逻辑的科学是不严谨的,最终还是要靠分析逻辑"

"歸納法是採用「由部分累積到整全」的研究途徑,而演繹法則是「由已知部分透過邏輯推知未知部分」的研究途徑"

and to this day, humanity 's 度规矩阵張量超曲面 is still fundamentally "linear" in terms of in its 欧几里德几何 conceptual core, but modified mathematically to 度规 广义相对论的时空.

in that sense, humanity has barely progressed considering 欧几里德几何 was formulated by those great greek thinkers about 2k years ago?

what a world, no wonder so many organized arbitrage traders are fooling around, making money everywhere they go.

now back to physics, other than GR, there is no 彎曲时空, QFT is still a SR story, period. 1 reason is 欧几里德几何 can't handle non-linear animal such as interaction between DOFs(degree of freedom), etc.

no wonder physicists can't get top government jobs, folks can't handle 彎曲时空(:). what did chairman mao say about them(:)?

No wonder X redgen II don't give a shit to 两弹一星 gen II, why bother?(:)

back to earth, we have 平面波 as brain washing physics tool all over the place, 在遠場區域,平面波模型是一種表示電磁場傳播的很好的近似模型.

and in quantum physics, 平面波展開法計算晶體的能帶結構, K-space 解Maxwell. eq., etc.

and by the way, what is missing and lacking in Chinese physics education is this white's 分析(演绎)逻辑 core, without that, you never really understand white's physics, period. then 山寨 white, forever.

but if you teach college students about this white's 分析(演绎)逻辑 core, what about TG's core of whatever, if anybody can articulate it out at all, other than 星辰大海 emotion invoking slogans.

think about 中央电视台 in TG's beautiful garden called china, think about wall street engineered financial heaven stories sold to market place, don't miss it baby, the only stock to make you become a rich man, etc

平面波, 藍天白雲, we are going to lead humanity into 星辰大海 under our dear TG leadership, for that greatest thing, 生的伟大, 死的光荣 (now days more of sweat shop thing), go ahead and jump, baby, you will be remembered(:)

非游離輻射包含了近紫外線、紅外線、可見光、微波、射頻輻射、 ...... 在遠場區域,平面波模型是一種表示電磁場傳播的很好的近似模型

"Max Tegmark详细的讨论了什么叫做Integration(整体性)。在他看来,我们的世界是分层次的客体。比如说,你正在喝一杯冰水,你会感受到在玻 璃杯中有冰块。玻璃和冰块是分立的客体,因为它们都各自是一个整体且相对独立,它们内部的联系远远比与外部的联系紧密。我们可以定义物体的稳定性为集成温 度(把整体分离为部分所需的能量密度)和独立性温度(在层级内把母辈物体分离开所需的能量密度)之比。比如说,冰块的独立温度大概是3毫开,集成温度大概 是300开,稳定性是10^5。在下一级的结构中,氧原子和氢原子的稳定性都是10。氧原子核的稳定性是10^5。稳定性越高,这个物体越容易被我们感知和定义"

because of that, ordinary joe and jane and likely their children grown up with them, all like 可見光紅外線平面波, animals do that do, until 游離輻射 hits them bloodily from no where;

now days, 游離輻射 hit is mostly non-bloody, but organized arbitrage traders want to suck money out of joe's account, and sometime, youth/beauty out of jane's body, may be with a little piece of jane's heart as well, mostly in china, obviously.

again, if 願打願挨, why not? is it just a date, baby?(:)

• 家园 熊起:图灵机拥有内态,纸带上的输入信息可以影响内态

a note: once I see you comment, I googled ccthere.com 熊起, then it all popped out; then I thought, what happened to your brain (I often do stupid things too, volatility::)? is human brain that volatile, then I realized GFW, possibly.

I often hear some traders in mainland complaining about TG GFW, how can they not fall behind us/European traders?

what about other professionals in other areas? what about growing children?

what about Chinese companies trying to complete globally in this emerging global ecommerce?

what a world, when thinking of the huge number of Chinese population.

that is why I kind of think that white house is actually trying to keep TG as ruling elite in china as long as possible, white making TG look bad, to scare off those 新加坡 Taiwan young generation. baby, forget your Chinese blood based 跨年恋 idea with TG uncle. move on(:).

http://www.ccthere.com/article/3855219

说的比较简单的是《皇帝新脑》里的一进制图灵机,讲哥德尔机的大多也会讲到。图灵机概念上是一个运行在无限纸带上的状态机,纸带是外存储器也是输入输出媒介,图灵机拥有内态,纸带上的输入信息可以影响内态,根据内态不同会改变对纸带的输出行为,状态到操作纸带的映射就是数字到运算的映射。

图灵机作为表达算法概念的工具,一开始就有明确的输入输出接口。人脑则不同,神经元只有应激和保留应激的功能,所有运算都以查找完成,查找是并行进行的,查找时并行数随着步骤增加而增加。这方面《人工智能的未来》讲的比较明白。

thanks, a very short and clear transmission of the 图灵机 concept.

now, I am going to comment it in my way, which has been like "that" for a while: financial modelling of uncle sam & TG, arbitrage any "logicl gap" as I see it, for profit, obviously, that is not me only, US wall street is doing it, TG senior traders are doing it too, with US wall street half transparent, & TG senior traders completely secret network based modeling & operation, I would think

for arbitrage, finding a "logic gap" is critical, or "value mispricing", because eventually, market will correct any significant "value mispricing", when heat noise subsides or 海水 of heat 褪去

so, heat noise/herd behavior is really what arbitrage folks try to suck money from

why?

当温度升高时,分子的平动运动加快,Em增大,但平动能级的间距无穷小, basically, average/unorganized human individual brains are subject to 分子 level 熱輻射 physics law, and for an individual as I posted in the previous posts, there is really no model available for him to model his Feynman path integral brain information processing, but he has to, only to end up being taken advantage by organized arbitrage groups such us wall street and Chinese TG.

and at 分子 level, heat quantization is extremely difficult, if ever possible, giving any system level administrators a super advantage. because physics of heat at system level is like plain vanilla, although few really understands theory behind it. 黑體輻射, 空腔輻射能量分佈公式(黑體輻射), Einstein pioneered quantum physics started off there, basically.

as a disclaimer, I keep using Chinese TG often as an example, often in a negative way, not to offend anybody, and I actually think it would be helpful to TG fans, even to TG think tanks themselves, therefore beneficial to TG(:).

of course, at system level or once we have an some idea about what kind of heatbath surrounding our system, 分子 level 熱輻射 physics is a piece of cake;

that is why TG needs to defend GFW at whatever cost, "人只能记忆理解了的东西,没有纯的存储"

for average Chinese, their input as 纸带上的输入信息可以影响内态, and as long as GFW is there, in terms of macroscopic heat bath, TG can have a fairly good idea about this system level parameter in terms of heat bath surrounding Chinese average people's ideology formation and development.

as I posted, 纳米颗粒与生物大分子相互作用, 细胞具有微米(10-6m)量级的空间尺度, a lot of quantum working behind scene in our brain, body, or putting it another way, our brain has a lot of potential in terms of computing, and it is yet to be developed. penose in his "road to reality" commented about proven quantized 光子 interacting with our eyes, but our visual neural system and mind can only produce macroscopic image, even with quantum microscopic level of input and processing. for average joe and jane, it is all about 可見光紅外線, male more of 可見光, female more of 紅外線, and as a couple or family, they kind of set up a little organization to survive and grow in this otherwise brutal heat bath.

obviously, their 可見光紅外線 model has no real advantage over any other couples like them, they are all part of herds, to be fxxked by organized arbitrage traders, head & tail.

having said that, now I hope it is relatively easy to understand why TG can easily survive and grow at least 10-20 years, if not forever(:).

中国城镇化率51.27% 城镇人口6.9亿首超农村人口_新闻中心_中国网

2012年5月9日 - 中新社北京5月9日电(记者阮煜琳) 中国正经历着世界最大规模城镇化过程。2011年,中国城镇化率已经达到51.27%,城镇人口首次超过农村人口,

now, if nothing else, TG still has about 7 亿农村人口 as 乾電池(excuse me) to fuel china's GDP 7% growth, and I have posed about other macroscopic system level parameters, they all look good, for TG(:).

and we all know, since day 1, Mao's TG started and put together their first buck of gold by manipulating Chinese 农村人口, in that sense, TG's game is just half way through.

man, life is beautiful, isn't?(:)

only if you can figure it out.

now, aside from physics, is TG really a good thing or bad thing to Chinese nation as a whole in future history? I don't think anybody knows, or even cares.

I tend to think that at least, TG/China's economic power rising from nowhere at least slapped white's face, it is not detrimental, because TG's model will start to fade once its

7 亿农村人口 as 乾電池 runs out, TG's 關門打狗 (not negatively, convenient use)model: 門,打 will all be there, but where would be dogs?

for average particularly young US whites, they need to learn, and it seems they have not learned yet, if they can ever learn it, or just dropping into white trash pile, with no return.

but who cares? Indian guy is already MSFT CEO, uncle sam is evolving into a global system sucking intellectual capital, financial capital, labor capital from all over the world, and GOOG already said, its emerging AI robots will wipe out middle class anyway.

• 家园 "Moravec的悖论": "强相互作用"

http://www.ccthere.com/alist/3808130/4

this is a great piece as well, I have read it a few times, basically, bio systems such as animals/human being has to handle strong interaction/full interaction in a unknown heat bath/environment for humanity's survival, and so far, the physics as we know is still a largely linear model, where any non-linear strong interaction will be renormalized into a linear model under manageable 能量条件 or kind of like 实事求是, the so called QFT 重整化, what else physicists can do?

largely because of that, any scientific type work or 高层次的推理只需要很少的计算, where

"但低级别的感觉运动技能需要巨大的计算资源"

Moravec的矛盾是人工智能和机器人技术研究人员发现,传统的假设相反,高层次的推理只需要很少的计算,但低级别的感觉运动技能需要巨大的计算资源。汉斯·莫拉维克,罗德尼·布鲁克斯,马文·明斯基在20世纪80年代明确提出的原则。莫拉维克写道,“这是比较容易使计算机具有成人级的性能智力测验或玩跳棋,很难或根本不可能给他们一岁的时候,它涉及到感知和流动性的技能。”

actually, or 低级别的感觉运动技能 such as 阶级斗争 一抓就灵 "BS" is much more challenging, it is full interaction at humanity level, and we all know winners/losers payoff is often life vs dealth;

in that sense, white like "Moravec" is too simple too nave, of course, he doesn't represent the whole of "white elite club", both uncle sam social elite and Chinese TG know what they do very well, none of them is simple and nave in any way, obviously.

本帖一共被 2 帖 引用 (帖内工具实现)
    • 家园 一篇刚出来的有关Jeff Hawkins的新闻

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/03/29/hawkins_ai_feature/

这篇文章比较长,不过把Hawkins与AI界其他门派的区别说的比较清楚。透露的一个消息是DARPA与IBM都在做通过硬件实现Hawkins方法的项目。

不过脸书与Tesla老板刚投资的Hawkins前合伙人的那个公司,说明别人还是更看好数学方法。

这个周末准备把Numenta的那个开源用Python实现一下,主要是对那个sparse memory比较好奇。

• 家园 we need a 量子力学突破

"The neurons in a restricted Boltzmann machine are not even close [to the brain] – it's not even an approximation," Hawkins told us.

before 量子力学突破, I like that Harvard phd guy's approach, basically a GR version of Boltzmann machine

right now, biology, human brain etc is pretty much a 唯象理論, unless we have quantum chemistry breakthrough, (x ray can't really "see" a single 高分子 to build its "wave function" );

social science like politics is a 唯象理論, "china dream" BS is even worse, and the worse it is, the higher profit margin.

• 家园 hilton boltzmann machine,thx

thanks for this article, sir, very helpful;

I like prof hilton "boltzmann machine" much better, and establishment like goog msft are going that direction.

now I am going to write a fast brief about general idea behind hilton boltzmann machine, using a lot rough analogies.

http://abernacchi.user.jacobs-university.de/papers/bbsc12.pdf

"Thermodynamic theory of HBM

In canonical statistical mechanics, a system is described by the

probability distribution of each one of its possible states. In the

HBM, a given state is associated with its probability according

to the Boltzmann distribution"

as a I posted before, a normal and clean canonical statistical distribution (or energy partition function roughly, no energy, no fun at all(:)) is supposed to be 自由粒子 麦克斯韦-玻尔兹曼分布 alike, where our system is in kind of equilibrium with heatbath, and everybody is happy, 自由, like clean air blue sky used to be seen in Beijing, etc;

now, because of some reasons such as low temperature atom level physics, we got degenerated or 退化的; 堕落的; 变质的;or 简并, as I talked before already, or in an analogy, the heavily polluted smoggy air now in Beijing.

so, now we have a normal state vs abnormal state, and of course, life is full of abnormalities, tons of them, humanity is supposed to be challenged, or we will drop into this maximization of entropy at equilibrium, at that point, no one can pull our ass out of it, a static system while being ideal in macroscopic physics, is detrimental to humanity, kind of why Boltzmann killed himself. he cannot figure out a solution for that.

maximized entropy: sun will burn out, end of world as we know, omg.

no AI hardware yet, go software

as discussed before, before QM commuter, AI hardware or OS is unlikely, so go data analysis by BM at software layer, where you put all the abnormalities into storage at ‘‘high storage’’ regime, such as those possible bad guys ideology formation on internet /headache stuff to TG, with that modeling, once a couple MD folks jump into sina weibo, TG BM software can scan them right away into data center for ID;

from there on, as needed, send 挡小組 folks over with millions of post to bury these few MD folks into the ocean of people war, job well done, bonus, happy hour(:).

obviously, uncle sam's wall street can use it to fool the investing herds around also, often into hell of losing money.

• 家园 Hopfield neural network & BM

I will write a little more comment on the basic ideas behind Hopfield neural network & BM, the popular AI topys, now I have "scanned" that quoted paper.

again, very rough analogies to get through some basic but very important concepts of physics now widely applied in AI modeling, the way I see it.

heatbath

a system normally has to develop into equilibrium with heatbath(environment, kind of, although it could be ghost, could be internal as well, or "challenges/futures" in general, etc)

"第零定律比起其他任何定律更為基本,但直到二十世紀三十年代前一直都未有察覺到有需要把這種現象以定律的形式表達。第零定律是由英國物理學家福勒(R.H.Fowler)於1930年正式提出,比热力学第一定律和热力学第二定律晚了80餘年,但是第零定律是后面几个定律的基础,所以叫做热力学第零定律。"

第零定律經常被認為可於建立一個溫度函數;更隨便的說法是可以製造溫度計。而這個問題是其中一個熱力學和統計力學哲學的題目。

在熱力學變量的函數空間之中,恒溫的部分會成為一塊面並會為附近的面提供自然秩序。

in china, basically TG=中央 heatbath, of 5k years already;

global environment, including science and technology, economic political dynamics=heatbath in general for all of us to struggle with.

white physicists assume that at macroscopic level, in general and "short term", heatbath as we know is kind of stable, physics wise, so heatbath itself is normalized (markov etc), there is a canonical statistical mechanics model for that, and if we figure that out, we would know 溫度函數, we would have a 溫度計, and as a sub system,we just need to normalize (dynamic 弛豫 relaxation, exchange energy etc with heatbath) into this heatbath, or we will not survive;

譜分佈

obviously, heatbath (and all the struggling sub systems inside or outside) is dynamic, jumping dancing around/near equilibrium state, with some kind of 譜.

(yes, there is this 普利高津教授/非线性化学领域/“耗散结构”理论,在非平衡系统中在与外界有着物质与能量的交换的情况下,系统 survive and prosper, etc. but because of lacking in math model and 实验证明, not an main steam theory yet in physics world.)

what kind of 譜? from the book you recommended:

"From Pythagoras's harmonic sequence to Einstein's theory of relativity, geometric models of position, proximity, ratio, and the underlying properties of physical space have provided us with powerful ideas and accurate scientific tools"

physics into AI, and AI into social ideology (all kinds of) in general

first of all, why physics AI?

aside from energy partition function we talked about, physics 最小作用量原理, Feynman path integral etc, can help us much better in terms of gauging the future path of system, where math or social statistics are challenged. etc.

"Currently, similar geometric models are being applied to another type of space—the conceptual space of information and meaning, where the contributions of Pythagoras and Einstein are a part of the landscape itself."

as previously discussed, short of QM computer, AI at machine/OS level is very difficult, but you could build an AI operation system/kernel/apps atop the existing machine/OS: you could still have an AI network

"Rigorous results on the thermodynamics of the dilute ... - Springer

Journal of Statistical Physics, Vol. 72, Nos. 1/2, 1993. Rigorous Results on the Thermodynamics of the. Dilute Hopfield Model. Anton Bovier I and V~ronique ..."

boy, white evils have done this kind of research for over 20 years?

so, a global modern physics AI power AI layer atop the current global mobile internet is coming, with that, business, social culture, political ideology, are all going to be disrupted.

dear chairman X, stay with GFW, but please put vice chairman 李源潮 in charge of TG's science and technology, he is a math guy, possibly the only "science literate" person in 中央政治局.

what a world.

----heatbath concept-----

热力学第零定律[编辑]

维基百科,自由的百科全书

跳转至: 导航、 搜索

Tango-nosources.svg

本条目没有列出任何参考或来源。 (2013年10月3日)

維基百科所有的內容都應該可供查證。

请协助添加来自可靠来源的引用以改善这篇条目。无法查证的内容可能被提出异议而移除。

热力学

Carnot heat engine 2.svg

经典的卡诺热机

分支显示▼

定律显示▼

系统显示▼

系统性质显示▼

材料性质显示▼

c=

T \partial S

N \partial T

\beta=-

1 \partial V

V \partial p

\alpha=

1 \partial V

V \partial T

方程显示▼

势显示▼

U(S,V)

H(S,p)=U+pV

A(T,V)=U-TS

G(T,p)=H-TS

历史/文化显示▼

科学家显示▼

查 ·

论 ·

熱力學第零定律是一個關於互相接觸的物體在熱平衡時的描述,以及為溫度提供理論基礎。最常用的定律表述是:

若兩個熱力學系統均與第三個系統處於熱平衡狀態,此兩個系統也必互相處於熱平衡。

換句話說,第零定律是指:在一個數學二元關係之中,熱平衡是遞移的。

目录 [隐藏]

1 歷史

2 概要

3 多系統間之平衡

4 第零定律與溫度

5 参阅

歷史[编辑]

第零定律比起其他任何定律更為基本,但直到二十世紀三十年代前一直都未有察覺到有需要把這種現象以定律的形式表達。第零定律是由英國物理學家福勒(R.H.Fowler)於1930年正式提出,比热力学第一定律和热力学第二定律晚了80餘年,但是第零定律是后面几个定律的基础,所以叫做热力学第零定律。

概要[编辑]

一個熱平衡系統的宏觀物理性質(壓强、溫度、體積等)都不會隨時間而改變。一杯放在餐桌上的熱咖啡,由於咖啡正在冷卻,所以這杯咖啡與外界環境並非處於平衡狀態。當咖啡不再降溫時,它的溫度就相當於室溫,並且與外界環境處於平衡狀態。

兩個互相處於平衡狀態的系統會滿足以下條件:

1.兩者各自處於平衡狀態;

2.兩者在可以交換熱量的情況下,仍然保持平衡狀態。

進而推廣之,如果能夠肯定兩個系統在可以交換熱量的情況下物理質性也不會發生變化時,即使不容許兩個系統交換熱量,也可以肯定互為平衡狀態。

因此,熱平衡是熱力學系統之間的一種關係。數學上,第零定律表示這是一種等價關係。(技術上,需要同時包括系統自己亦都處於熱平衡。)

多系統間之平衡[编辑]

一個簡單例子可以說明為甚麼需要到第零定律。如前所述,當兩個系統間有小量廣延量交換時(如微觀波動)而兩者的總能量不變時(能量減少不能逆轉),此兩個系統即處於平衡。

簡單起見,N 個系統與宇宙的其他部分絕應隔離,每一個系統的體積與組成都保持恒定,而各個系統之間都只能交換熱量(熵)。此例子的結果可直接延伸至體積或積量的交換。

熱力學第一與第二定律的結合把總能量波動 \delta U 與第 i 個系統的溫度 T_i 及熵的波動 \delta S_i 聯繫成:

\delta U=\sum_i^NT_i\delta S_i

與宇宙其他部分絕熱隔離,N 個系統熵的總和必須為零。

\sum_i^N\delta S_i=0

換句話說,熵只能在 N 個系統之間交換。這個限制可以用來重寫總能量波動的表達式成:

\delta U=\sum_{i}^N(T_i-T_j)\delta S_i

T_j 是 N 個系統中任何一個系統 j 的溫度。最後到達平衡時,總能量波動必須為零,因此:

\sum_{i}^N(T_i-T_j)\delta S_i=0

這條方程式可被設想成反對稱矩陣 T_i-T_j 與熵波動向量之乘積為零。若要令一個非零解存在,則:

\delta S_i\ne 0

無論是那一個 j 的選擇,由 T_i-T_j 組成之矩陣的行列式值必定歸零。

但是,根據雅可比定理,一個 N×N 反對稱矩陣若N 為奇數時,則其行列式值必為零;而若 N 為偶數時,則每一項 T_i-T_j 必須為零以令行列式值為零,亦即各個系統處於平衡狀態 T_i=T_j。此結果顯示,奇數數目的系統必定處於平衡狀態,而各系統的溫度和熵波動則可以忽略不計;熵波動存在時,只有偶數數目的系統才須要各系統的溫度相等以達致平衡狀態。

熱力學第零定律解決了此奇偶矛盾。考慮 N 個系統中的任何三個互為平衡的系統,其中一個就系統可以按照第零定律而被忽略。因此,一個奇數數數的系統就可以約簡成一個偶數數目的系統。此推導使 T_i=T_j 為平衡的必須條例。

相同結果,可以應用到任何廣延量中的波動如體積(相同壓强)、或質量(相同化勢)。因而,第零定律的所涉及的就不單只是溫度罷了。

總的來說,第零定律打破了第一定律和第二定律內的某種反對稱性。

第零定律與溫度[编辑]

第零定律經常被認為可於建立一個溫度函數;更隨便的說法是可以製造溫度計。而這個問題是其中一個熱力學和統計力學哲學的題目。

在熱力學變量的函數空間之中,恒溫的部分會成為一塊面並會為附近的面提供自然秩序。之後,該面會簡單建立一個可以提供連續狀態順序的總體溫度函數。該恒溫面的維度是熱力學變量的總數減一(例如對於有三個熱力學變量 P、V、n 的理想氣體,其恒溫面是塊二維面)。按此定義的溫度實際上未必如攝氏溫度尺般,而是一個函數。

以理想氣體為例,若兩團氣體是處於熱平衡,則:

\frac{P_1 V_1}{N_1} = \frac{P_2 V_2}{N_2}

P_i 是第 i 個系統的壓力

V_i 是第 i 個系統的體積

N_i 是第 i 個系統的數量(摩爾數或者原子數目)

面 PV/N = const 定義了所有相同溫度的面,一個常見方法來標籤這些面是令 PV/N = RT,R 是一個常數而溫度 T 可以由此定義。經定義後,這些系統可用作溫度計來較準其他系統。

-------paper1----

http://abernacchi.user.jacobs-university.de/papers/bbsc12.pdf

In the HBM, parameters P and K determine the number of

neurons in the hidden layers, while in the Hopfield model they

represent the number of patterns stored in the network, or the

number of stable states that can be retrieved. We consider the

‘‘high storage’’ regime, in which the number of stored patterns is

linearly increasing with the number of neurons (Amit, 1992).

3.2. Free energy minimization and phase transition

We minimize the free energy (23) with respect to the order

parameters q, p, r.

To obtain the final equation for the partition function, we sum the

two Hamiltonians and divide by two, to find

ZI

σ

exp

β

4N

N

ij

αN

ν

ξ ν

i ξ ν

j

1 +

1 + β2γ

+

γ N

μ

ξμ

i ξμ

j

1 +

1 + β2α

Retaining only the first-order terms in , we obtain an equivalent

Hamiltonian for a HBM where the hidden layers interact.

This is the Hamiltonian of a Hopfield neural network. This result

connects the two Hamiltonians of the Hopfield network and the

Boltzmann Machine and states that thermodynamics obtained by

the first cost function, Eq. (6), is the same as the one obtained by

the second one, Eq. (11). This offers a connection between retrieval

through free energy minimization in the Hopfield network and

learning through log-likelihood estimation in the HBM (Amit,

1992; Bengio, 2009). Note that observable quantities stemming

from HBM are equivalent in distribution, and not pointwise, to the

corresponding ones in the Hopfield network.

Next, we calculate the free energy, which allows us to

determine the value of all relevant quantities and the different

phases of the system. The thermodynamic approach consists in

averaging all observable quantities over both the noise and the

configurations of the system.

a Hopfield model with an additional noise source,

characterized by the Hamiltonian

H(σ ; ξ , η) =

β

2N

N

ij

αN

ν

ξ ν

i ξ ν

j [1 β2γ /4]

+

γ N

μ

ξμ

i ξμ

j [1 β2α/4]

. (37)

Note that for = 0 we recover the standard Hopfield model. The

effect of the additional noise source on the retrieval of patterns

corresponding to one layer depends on the load of the other layer:

the larger the number of neurons in one layer, the larger the

perturbation on the retrieval of the other layer.

-----------another paper------

http://www.stieltjes.org/archief/biennial9596/frame/node22.html

Hopfield model for Neural Networks and Thermodynamic Limit

The type of investigations described above are also applied to analyse the dynamics of a Hopfield model for neural networks in [8].

The Hopfield model is the following neural network model for associative memory. We are given N neurons, each of which can be in state 0 or 1. We assume that the memory contains a given set of p images. At time t neuron i is selected with probability 1/N, and the new state of this neuron is determined according to conditional Gibbs probabilities with a given energy function, which we will not further specify. We consider only the zero temperature dynamics and then the new state of the neuron is deterministic and such that the energy of the new configuration does not increase. In our paper the energy function assigns lowest energy to the images themselves and so one expects that with probability 1 one of the images from memory is retrieved. This is not true: not only images where the energy has a global minimum, but also images where the energy has a local minimum can be retrieved. It is a well-known fact that global/local minima correspond to fixed points of the limiting dynamics.

Most research on this model (cf. for example [1]) deals with the domains of attraction of these fixed points, when the number of images grows in some prespecified way with the number of neurons N. Almost no results exist on the exact form of the dynamics in the thermodynamic limit tex2html_wrap_inline4448 . Nevertheless, to understand the quality of the model, the limiting dynamics are an important tool. It will give insight into questions like whether from any input image one of the images from memory are retrieved and how long it will take.

For analysing this problem we needed to reformulate the model as a Markov chain on a state space with a dimension independent of N. By using the commonly used overlap representation the Markov property gets lost and the understanding of the limiting dynamics becomes more complicated. Clearly, the obtained Markov chain still depends on N and the jump probabilities depend more strongly on the initial state than in the rw case. Therefore, for determining the limiting dynamics of the same time-space scaled process as above, a more general version of the LLN was required.

A surprising result was the existence of ``traps'': these are not fixed points, but nevertheless can be limit points of the limiting dynamics. Since non-trivial examples only occur in dimension at least 8, we show a generic example of the limiting dynamics in Figure 4: to each region corresponds a quasi-attractor attracting all images from this region. Hence an image is successively attracted by different quasi-attractors till it reaches a fixed point (A) or a ``trap'' (B).

=.5mm

0.4pt

picture668

Contrary to the random walk case where the ``speed'' along Euler paths is piecewise constant, the speed decreases exponentially while approaching the quasi-attractor. A trap is therefore never reached, although it is left immediately when it is reached. Translated back to the original system, it means that fixed points or traps are reached at a speed that is slower than linear in N.

The picture also shows the occurrence of scattering. Moreover, we have been able to prove that the limiting dynamics are acyclic and so bouncing back and forth between different quasi-attractors cannot happen.

The described analysis is a first start in my research in neural networks, which has been conducted the past year. The investigation of more complicated problems will be the next step. These problems concern the finite temperature dynamics; the number of fixed points; the question whether the time to reach an epsilon-distance of a local/global minimum or trap is uniformly bounded in the number of images; the dynamics when the number of images grows with the number of neurons.

• 家园 谢谢。这个报道还没有看到。应该很有趣,要仔细看看

看了一下标题,其中有这个:

Google and Microsoft's code for deep learning is the new shallow learning

嘿嘿,这是公然和很多人的饭碗作对啊!

等看你的进一步评论。这里做一个我的简单评论:

恐怕Hawkins的这个记忆机制,是以前的计算技术没有的。例如一个输入数据,就是一串0和1。现有的记忆技术,都是把这串01变换后,还是以01的方式存在某个介质上面。而他的这个记忆机制,是做了学习,理解后,再分散存在神经元链接里面。就是说,他试图用更接近模拟脑的方式来做记忆。这是相当根本的不同。本来应该有很多研究的。但是,为什么学术界对此不加理睬,就费解了。

• 家园 那句话的确很搞笑

不过他的意思是比喻深度学习之前夭折的那些“浅度学习”,那么比较Hawkins的方法来说,Hinton的深度学习早晚也是夭折的命。

不去管他,但是google那个找到猫脸的实验,后来看来效果不达人意,主要负责的andrew ng后来回去斯坦福了,说明那个深度学习的办法不太给力。

Sparse memory不是Hawkins最先提出的。

• 家园 稀疏表达最初是一位德国的博士生在做博士论文时提出的

大概是20年前的事情了。他是神经生理的博士,他的观察和研究角度是,必须要稀疏,才能获得低能耗。这个想法慢慢为大家接受了。

但是,Hawkins的做法和其他人的做法很不同。其他人的做法其实就是解不定的大线性方程组,但是加上某些极值条件。Hawkins的方法,根本就是直接只容许某些神经元活动,使之达到稀疏,完全没有数学方法,听起来比较随意。这个恐怕多少是学术界难以接受的原因。而且,Hawkins的做法,我认为,也有其基本弱点,那就是恐怕他也拿不出比较好的结果。如果他有类似于猫脸之类的结果,他肯定全世界嚷嚷了。

但是不管如何讲,用自己的钱做最前沿的科学技术,是任何人的比不了的。这是当今的科技大侠客的行为。

• 家园 你说的那个德国博士生是不是叫陶哲轩?

Hawkins如果有象Vicarious那样把CAPCTHA破解的成果,就比较令人信服了。而Vicarious与Numenta他们的区别,按照上面那篇文章说的,也就在于对使用数学方法的态度了。

稀疏表达似乎主要是在计算机视觉上面应用比较多,许多都是早在2010年就很热门了,好像以前叫压缩传感(compressive sensing)。科学松鼠会上曾经有过相关科普介绍,不过松鼠会海外访问非常之慢,很少去了。

四年前的文章,比如这篇连线上的

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/02/ff_algorithm/all/

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 31
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河