五千年(敝帚自珍)

主题:【原创】薄荷茶 -- 盈盈

共:💬22 🌺26
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 2
下页 末页
          • 家园 what I heard is

those Indian policemen deployed in Shanghai were called as "A Sir", similar pronounciation to "A San" and later inherited by others.

But anyway, that was my first reply in 盈盈's thread, my apologize for offending you guys.

• 家园 下班了说几句中文

原来是四个字,红头XX,专指包头巾的锡克族警察、巡捕,后来被引申为泛指所有的印裔。

因为盈盈的先生是印裔,其他河友请你收回原话事出有因,谢谢您的配合。

• 家园 请大能讲讲鸦片战争里印度人占英军的百分比?

介个我们还真不知道。貌似也没听老印吹嘘过呀?

• 家园 Arrogance is my concern.

It could be Koreans in WWII as we called them "Goryeo Corn". I don't think everybody understood why we were defeated back then. That's my point.

I don't know the ratio. But you can find it out if you keep working on this subject.

点看全图

外链图片需谨慎,可能会被源头改

Men of the Loodiaah (Ludhiana) Sikh Regiment in China, Circa 1860. One of the most profitable exports from East India Company's possession was opium, a drug that was sold to addicts in China. When Chinese attempted action against the agents selling the drugs, the reaction was always the same - violence. Despite the termination of the East India Company's mandate, the British Government continued the trade and the armed aggression against the Chinese. The three conflicts which ensued are called the Opium wars for that reason.

Pekin. 2/60 (2nd Company 60th Royal Rifles), received 67 bars & 751 took part from their Regiment. Operations started in August 1860 when reinforcements arrived, composed of about 13,000 European & Indian troops (including W.H. Webster, who had transferred to the 2nd from the 1st Company), with a French contingent 6,700 strong, in addition to the combined fleet.

• 家园 上海人称呼租界的印度巡捕,阿sir的谐音
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 2
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河